Report Suspected Child Abuse
Instructions for Completing a Suspected Child Abuse Report Form SS8572
- You must call “immediately or as soon as practically possible” after hearing or seeing something that makes you suspect that a minor has been or is being abused.
- TELLING AN ADMINISTRATOR OR COUNSELOR DOES NOT ABSOLVE YOU OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO MAKE A REPORT!!!
- The number to call is 209-385-3104.
- Make sure you write down the name of the person you make the verbal report to and the date and time that you made the call.
- The written report MUST be sent within 36 HOURS of receiving the information.
- You can either print out the form SS8572 contained in this folder and fill it in manually and mail it to CPS, or you fill in the blanks on the PDF form and submit the form electronically. The CPS person might request that you fax the form to them instead. If so, the fax number is 354-2518.
- If you chose to submit the form electronically, make sure you save a copy for your records. Also, make sure you get the email address of the social worker you speak with when you call in. You will need to attach the saved form to the email and submit it that way.
- If you are told to mail the report, send it to: CPS, P.O. Box, 112, Merced, CA 95341. Also, save a copy for your records.
- You must show the report to an administrator prior to mailing the form, whether by mail or electronically.