Bear Academy (ASSETs)
Welcome MHS students and parents! When exploring the Bear Academy website, you will be able to read about the programs' mission, goals, staff, and clubs. The Bear Academy will also be posting and updating this website with lessons and activities for students to do in the safety and security of their homes, particularly during the current pandemic. The contact information for the program site lead, Mr. Navarro, is listed below in case you have any questions or concerns at all.
- Mr. Navorro ( MHS ASSETS Site Lead)
- Email: email@example.com
Our after school program called Bear Academy offers students academic, physical fitness, and enrichment opportunities and programs. Students must sign in and out to ensure their safety as well as their whereabouts in case of any emergency.
- Academics/Tutorial- We focus on ensuring that our students receive well-rounded tutoring assistance in any subject and help with the college application process.
- Physical Fitness- Physical Fitness is one of the most important things you can do for your health. Through safety precautions and organized routines we are able to make this possible for our after school students.
- Enrichment Programs/Clubs- Our extracurricular activities are structured to promote new skills and hobbies that can be applied both in school and their future careers.
- Snack- We provide students with snack to ensure that our students don't have the need of going off campus and thus can enjoy their activities without interruption.
Bear Academy works in close partnership with California Teaching Fellows Foundation. Members are trained instructors in K-12 after school programs, serving as mentors and role models for college success.