Bear Academy (ASSETs)
Welcome MHS students and parents! When exploring the Bear Academy website, you will be able to read about the programs' mission, goals, staff, and clubs. The Bear Academy will also be posting and updating this website with lessons and activities for students to do in the safety and security of their homes, particularly during the current pandemic. The contact information for the program site lead, Mr. Navarro, is listed below in case you have any questions or concerns at all.
- Mr. Navorro ( MHS ASSETS Site Lead)
- Email: email@example.com
Merced Union High School District After School Program Opt-Out Form
Merced Union High School District has enrolled all current MUHSD students in the after school program for the 2020-21 school year. This includes online tutoring services and fun enrichment clubs and activities, which students may utilize for free whenever they like. There is no minimum participation required. These services will first be offered only online due to public health concerns, but we will be providing services on-site once schools are able to reopen. For
advertisement purposes, students may be asked if they will allow the tutor to screenshot them during their virtual meetings, provided that their parents/guardians have authorized MUHSD to take their photos. Parents may choose to opt out from allowing their child(ren) to utilize the services of the after school program. Additionally, students who are age 18 or older may decline the opportunity to utilize these services. If so, he/she must complete this form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday, October 30th, 2020. Please complete one form per child.
Our after school program called Bear Academy offers students academic, physical fitness, and enrichment opportunities and programs. Students must sign in and out to ensure their safety as well as their whereabouts in case of any emergency.
- Academics/Tutorial- We focus on ensuring that our students receive well-rounded tutoring assistance in any subject and help with the college application process.
- Physical Fitness- Physical Fitness is one of the most important things you can do for your health. Through safety precautions and organized routines we are able to make this possible for our after school students.
- Enrichment Programs/Clubs- Our extracurricular activities are structured to promote new skills and hobbies that can be applied both in school and their future careers.
- Snack- We provide students with snack to ensure that our students don't have the need of going off campus and thus can enjoy their activities without interruption.
Bear Academy works in close partnership with California Teaching Fellows Foundation. Members are trained instructors in K-12 after school programs, serving as mentors and role models for college success.