All fall sports have been postponed until the second half of the school year. Student athletes will follow a similar plan to a standard PE class at this time. Coaches could structure workouts for sports specific conditioning as they deem necessary, as long as district guidelines are maintained and student/family health and safety are the focus.
Support MHS Athletics & Buy Gear
Athletic Participation Form:
The original link for the Athletic Participation Form has been replaced to this new link: MUHSD Athletic Participation Form. Please visit that new link to access the form. Thank you!
Merced High School draws on 117 years of tradition; generations of alumni support our student athletes, school, and athletic programs. We learn from our past so we may strengthen our future-- and it is a bright future.
Our mission is to provide a rigorous athletic program which complements and supports a challenging academic program by teaching students to persevere, to work well with others, and to compete at everything they do. We are in a constant pursuit to become the home of Scholars and Champions.
- We believe students are our highest priority.
- We believe the dignity, worth, and self-esteem of participants should be paramount in all athletic activities.
- We believe the most important result of competition is the development of life-long values and skills.
- We believe the athletic program is an integral part of the high school experience.
- We believe high school athletics should be fun and rewarding.
- We believe in the multi-sport athlete.
- We believe athletic programs are most beneficial when they are competitive.
- We believe winning is an attitude resulting from optimum preparation, concentrated effort and a deep commitment to excel.
- We believe well-designed athletic programs promote community and school pride.
- We believe open communication and mutual respect among coaches, parents, and athletes provide the foundation of a successful athletic program.
- We believe morale, satisfaction, and performance are enhanced when athletes work together as a team.
- We believe well qualified coaches and program administrators are important components in a successful athletic program.
- We believe positive parent support and involvement enhance student growth and program quality.
“The good city solider knows what he’s fighting for, and loves what he knows.” -- Unknown