Athletic Participation Form:
The original link for the Athletic Participation Form has been replaced to this new link:
Sac-Joaquin Section Sport Calendar
The SJS Sport Calendar and SJS bylaw and process changes are on their homepage.
Merced High School draws on 117 years of tradition; generations of alumni support our student athletes, school, and athletic programs. We learn from our past so we may strengthen our future-- and it is a bright future.
Our mission is to provide a rigorous athletic program which complements and supports a challenging academic program by teaching students to persevere, to work well with others, and to compete at everything they do. We are in a constant pursuit to become the home of Scholars and Champions.
- We believe students are our highest priority.
- We believe the dignity, worth, and self-esteem of participants should be paramount in all athletic activities.
- We believe the most important result of competition is the development of life-long values and skills.
- We believe the athletic program is an integral part of the high school experience.
- We believe high school athletics should be fun and rewarding.
- We believe in the multi-sport athlete.
- We believe athletic programs are most beneficial when they are competitive.
- We believe winning is an attitude resulting from optimum preparation, concentrated effort and a deep commitment to excel.
- We believe well-designed athletic programs promote community and school pride.
- We believe open communication and mutual respect among coaches, parents, and athletes provide the foundation of a successful athletic program.
- We believe morale, satisfaction, and performance are enhanced when athletes work together as a team.
- We believe well qualified coaches and program administrators are important components in a successful athletic program.
- We believe positive parent support and involvement enhance student growth and program quality.
“The good city solider knows what he’s fighting for, and loves what he knows.” -- Unknown
EPA's AirNow website and mobile app provides a simple interface for quickly checking current and forecast air quality information for planning daily activities and protecting your health. The app and website automatically displays the current AQI (Air Quality Index) for your local area or any area you wish to check, and allows you to store multiple areas for quick reference.